Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
I'm not sure how long the link will be live, but we're trying to figure out a way to save it.
Sunday, December 17, 2006
We have had a great time this year! We added a lot of new songs to the repertoire and revisited some of our "old favorites". Despite the fact that a few members of our group had to sit out this season, we pulled through with a few new faces, and others stepped up to the plate for a bigger role. You may have noticed new solos, and Sofia playing tambora! I'm going to profile each parrandero as the year goes by so you get to know each one, what their role is and what drew them to the Parranda.
Thank you so much to everyone who came out to see us this year. Please read the November post below for ALL our special thank yous!
We may be playing ONE MORE time. Check back for date, time and place. Thanks again, Gracias!
Sunday, October 29, 2006
- November 26, 2006 at 9am and 11am (Sunday) Unity Church, 6525 Forest Lane, Dallas, TX 75230 http://www.unitydallas.org/. Thank you so much to the great folks at Unity for inviting us back. We're officially their "Latin House Band" and love it!
- December 2, 2006, 4pm, special performance for residents of Casa Trevino only! This is always one of our favorite performances, and this year was no exception. We were happy to see some of our favorite faces for the fourth year in a row!
- December 2, 2006, at 8pm, Bishop Arts District, Jingle Bells on Bishop, 500 North Bishop Avenue, Dallas 75208 http://www.bishopartsdistrict.com/. We had a stage and everything this year! Wow! Thanks to Gus and the "Bishop Arts Community" for inviting us back this year.
- December 9, 2006, at 8pm, Zaguan Bakery and Cafe. 2604 Oak Lawn Ave. Dallas, Texas 75219, http://www.zaguanbakery.com/, arrive early to eat and get a table! This is where we "got our start" and is always well attended. This year was no exception, with wall to wall Venezolanos and friends dancing, singing along and enjoying the food and drink of Zaguan. Thanks Carlos Branger for inviting us back again.
- December 12, 2006, at 8pm, St. Rita Church, mass at 7pm. 12521 Inwood Rd Dallas, TX 75244. Celebration and Parranda in Sweeny Hall right after mass. Last year we played a "Misa de Gallo" at 5am, and this year we came by to Santa Rita to celebrate Our Lady of Guadalupe day with them. Thanks Luisa for inviting us and to everyone at St. Rita for having us!
- December 15, 2005 at 8.30pm, Tres Meridas Restaurant, 2809 Preston Road, Suite 1200, Frisco, TX 75034, http://www.tresmeridas.com/ This event has grown over the past two years. We really rocked the house, with an impromptu dance floor and everything. Thanks Belen for having everything ready for us!
- December 16, 2006 at 7pm, Navidad Latino Americana, we are one of 9 bands playing traditional Latin American Christmas music, at Northway Christian Church, 7202 W. Northwest HighwayDallas, Texas 75225, http://www.northwaychristian.org/, only $10 for the show, children are free! Download the poster here: http://dfwinternational.org/Bulletin/PressReleases/Navidad_Latinoamericana.pdf Article in Diario La Estrella: http://www.dfw.com/mld/laestrella/entertainment/events/16189416.htm This was such a wonderful experience, joining 8 other Latin American groups, it was as much fun to share our music as to see everyone else's performance. The closing song, with everyone holding candles and singing 'Noche de Paz/Silent Night" was beautiful. Nayi, thanks for stepping in to do a solo when we really needed you! Anne Marie, thank you for including us.
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Ok, I know it's really homemade, but we're online! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past, coming out to see us, spreading the word, etc! We're already practicing and are working on the schedule for this year, which will be posted soon.
Please email me, firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be on our email list to notify you of upcoming events. Better still, check back on our blog and see where we will be performing next!